Group Outings without a Guided Tour
We welcome group outings at the orchard, but if your group is larger than 8 individuals and/or your group may need accommodation we ask that you email or call the orchard at least 24 hours prior to your visit so we can plan for your arrival.
Group Outing/School Field Trip Tour with a Guided Tour
What we need you to do and know:
- The minimum number for a guided field trip/school group tour is 8 individuals.
- Utilize the group tour form located on our website and fill out all the information or send us an email at [email protected] with the information.
- We will contact you and assist in finding a date and time that works best for your group.
- 48 hours prior to the event, notify Allen’s how many buses/vans/cars will be coming for your event.
- Cost per visitor is $5.00 (ages 1-99) and includes: Tour of the orchard, bee and apple education, photo op for your group, take home gift for each visitor, an apple, and a dedicated tour guide per 16 people max per group.
- There is no cost for teachers/staff of the school/group attending with their classes. Please include on your event request form the names of the staff you will be bringing with you.
- You must plan for chaperones to accompany your group. Allen’s requires 1 adult chaperone per every 8 kids
- There will be a $50.00 cancellation fee for no-shows on the day of your event if Allen’s does not cancel your event prior to your scheduled arrival time.
- The staff at Allen’s puts the safety of your group first and if the orchard feels it is in the best interest of your group to cancel due to weather or other circumstances we will contact your group to reschedule.
- If your group needs to reschedule, you must reschedule within 24 hours of your event in order not to be charged a $50.00 cancellation fee.
- Last minute additions to your group count need to be done in person with the Allen’s Shop Staff by a member of the school staff and not attendees.
- Payment is due on the day of the event and can be paid via check (with a valid phone number on it), credit card or cash. If your school district/group needs to be invoiced for the event, please let us know prior to the event with all applicable billing information.
What Allen’s will provide for your group field trip:
- A reminder email 48 hours prior to your event
- A dedicated tour guide
- Lots of apple and bee knowledge and a unique experience
- Story Time
- Apple and take home treat for each guest
- A photo op for your group
If you are coming to the orchard for a field trip, please remember the following things:
- Wear appropriate footwear. Flip flops, heels, and open toed shoes are not the best to wear. The ground is uneven and may have mud and tall grass.
- Wear layers. It is often chilly in the morning at the orchard in September and October and then may get a bit hot in the afternoons.
- We do not allow pets at the orchard. Please leave your best pet friends at home.
- There are restrooms at the orchard with diaper changing facilities.
- If your group wants to stay for lunch, please let us know in advance.
- Please review our orchard rules prior to your visit so you can make the most of your visit.
Bonfires/Tractor RIdes/Large Group Events
- If you would like to plan a corporate outing, large group event, we are happy to host you.
- There is a two hour minimum for groups and rates start at $100.00 an hour for use of our space.
- Bonfires and Tractor rides are available May – November weather permitting.
- Allen’s shop is available for rent all year round. Max capacity is 80 for a seated event.
- Please send us an email or call to get additional details.